Tuesday, October 21, 2008

White Objects Painting

Hooray.  My first "real" painting has been completed.  I think that overall, i did very well for my first painting, however, there are some things that i would change had i not been so stressed out, and done with it at the time.  I think that i really understand how to mix colors, and create light and dark shadows to make an object look round and have depth.  I think that my best example of that would be the bowl, on the bottom, as well at the roll of paper.  I think that i really mastered the light and dark portions of both of those objects.  I think that i would definitely go back and work on the yellow cloth in the back.  I think that i started to work on it, and i was not pleased on how it was coming out, and so i gave up.  I think that i could have mixed some darker colors, and put them on the paint, and then let it dry, and then lightly painted over it with the yellow, and it would have looked like the shadows and creases in the sheet.  I would have used mostly darker purples and blues for the shadows.  As well, i wish i had not cut off the bottom of the bowl, because it gives it an unpleasant "unfinished"/"cut-off" look that i am not so pleased with.  Overall, i am very proud of how well my painting turned out, adn all of the information that i gathered from painting it.

No comments: